South Salem Alumni
Student / Parent Handbook
Salem-Keizer Master Calendar
SSHS Master Calendar
A Brief History
SOUTH SALEM HIGH SCHOOL
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2014
• Today’s Sports: Varsity & JV GIRLS SOCCER & BOYS JV SOCCER travel to Roseburg for 4:00 games. Teachers please RELEASE the players that are riding on the bus and in the 1st van @ 12:15 TODAY. Your bus will leave from the Rural St side at 12:40!! Varsity BOYS SOCCER also travels to Roseburg for a 6:00 game, 2nd van RELEASE @ 1:45 for a 2:00 depart.
• Varsity FOOTBALL vs. McMinnville TONIGHT @ 7:00pm on Bennett Field. GO SAXONS!
• Boys Basketball Open gym Tuesday and Thursday mornings 6am in the Main gym.
• Boys basketball players make sure you signed up in Rm 220 for volleyball lines and football chains!
• Congratulations to Zedric Price –Football & Lexie Roseborough – Volleyball, both were named as the Dave Johnson Athlete of the Week.
• The Saxon girls kicked off the Water Polo season with a 6-2 victory over South Eugene last night. High scorer was Spencer Garfield with 4 goals. The Saxon boys didn’t fare as well, falling to the Axemen, 15-4.
• Do you like Jamba Juice or are you a fan of Dutch Brothers? Now that we have your attention, we would like for you to know that you can get these FREE! Yes, if you are at school on time and attend every day without a discipline referral you are eligible to enter our drawing for a lovely basket full of free goodies, including FREE SAXON gear. One basket per grade level will be raffled to eligible students (and for seniors we even have free prom tickets)! So – be on time in school and you may be one of our winners on October14th!
• South Salem would like to cordially invite North Salem to join us for a PINK NIGHT on Friday, Oct. 17th, at the football game at South. During our Breast Cancer Research/Awareness Campaign, we will be selling shirts the entire month of October. Every fall sports team will host a PINK night.
• Please remember that South Salem High is a green school which means we recycle. Our wonderful DLC classes collect paper, plastic of all sorts, glass and pop cans. We ask that you please deposit these items into the proper containers and put garbage only into the garbage cans. We will also soon begin a milk carton recycling program. We’re proud as Saxons to do our part for the environment.
• Reminder that if you are interested in being a camp counselor for Outdoor School, the representative will be at South TODAY @ lunch to share information and for applications.
• SENIORS: have you overcome substantial adversity and been academically successful despite it? Are you willing to tell your story? Then pick up a “Beat the Odds” scholarship flyer across from Rm 171. The deadline is next Monday, Sept. 15th. Last year a senior from South was one of ten finalists statewide, so you COULD be a winner.
• Colleges are already lining up to visit South! Our first one is Middlebury in Vermont, next Wednesday, Sept. 17th. They’ll be followed by Gonzaga in Spokane and Claremont McKenna in Southern California. Stop by the ASPIRE Center in Rm 171 to sign up; there is also a sign- up sheet outside the door if no one is present. ASPIRE will be officially ready for business on Monday the 22nd.
• Cafeteria – South side/Street Eats: Monday – Chipotle Chicken Taco; Tuesday – Dragon Fire Chicken w/rice; Wednesday – Hot wings; Thursday – Chicago Day; Friday – Beef Picadillo Taco.
HAPPY BIRTHDAYS :
Christopher Barrios Hernandez - Vanessa Carrillo – Zack Chassman McDonald – Kevin Vieyra
|South Salem High School is a community of learners who value
integrity; high academic standards; respect for self and
others; and positive involvement in school, community and world.