South Salem Alumni
Student / Parent Handbook
Salem-Keizer Master Calendar
SSHS Master Calendar
A Brief History
SOUTH SALEM HIGH SCHOOL
FRIDAY, April18, 2014
• TODAYS SPORTS –– Boys tennis vs. Sprague @ Salem Tennis & Swim and Girls Tennis @ Sprague 3:30 rescheduled from yesterday. V/JV Softball vs. West Salem @ South 5:00; V/JV Baseball @ West Salem 5:00; Freshman Baseball vs. West @ Gilmore 5:00.
Track & Field releasing @ 1:30 TODAY for an Invitational @ Hayward Field.
• Please join us for South’s annual Academic Honors Ceremony and National Honor Society Induction on Monday, April 21 @ 730pm in the Rose Auditorium. Honor roll students and new NHS members will be honored at this special event.
• David Cortez, Diversity Coordinator for OHSU’s School of Nursing, will be visiting South on Tuesday, April 22nd to meet with students interested in nursing or other health care careers. His mission is to enroll, empower, and graduate students from disadvantaged backgrounds, including underrepresented ethnic and racial minorities. Sign up in the ASPIRE Center in Rm 171.
• Sophomores & Juniors: are you interested in visiting Linfield College in McMinnville? A group from South is touring the college on April 22nd. Sign up in the ASPIRE Center, Rm 171. You must have your permission slip returned by Monday, April 21st. Spots are also available to visit OSU on May 6th.
• Juniors – tour Chemeketa Community College on Thursday, April 24th. Sign up in Rm 201 before April 18th.
• The Lara Chandler Tiffin and Dick Ballantyne scholarship applications are now available in the ASPIRE Center. If you have a GPA of at least 3.5 and at least 2 varsity letters for the Tiffin scholarship and 3.0 and at least 1 varsity letter for Ballantyne, you could be eligible. Turn in these applications BEFORE May 2nd.
• SENIORS – what are your plans for life after graduation Go online and complete the SENIOR EXIT Survey to get your name on the “Where Will You be Going” map across from Rm 171. Be sure to list any scholarships and merit-based financial aid you were awarded, you’ll earn a Pay Day candy bar!
• Junior/Senior PROM - come fly a Magic Carpet Ride at an Arabian Night, May 17th @ Mission Mill from 7:30-10:00pm. Get your tickets from the bookkeeper for only $20/ person.
• SENIORS: Please join us for the Senior Banquet @ Illahe Country Club from 6:30-8:30pm on Wednesday, May 21st. Cost is $25/ person. Tickets MUST be purchased by May 16th from the bookkeeper in order to meet the deadline from the caterer. Buy your ticket now.
HAPPY BIRTHDAYS TO:
Austin Janski – Ricardo Luna Garcia – Monica Perez – Saul Schneider
|South Salem High School is a community of learners who value
integrity; high academic standards; respect for self and
others; and positive involvement in school, community and world.