Student / Parent Handbook
Salem-Keizer Master Calendar
SSHS Master Calendar
2015-16 Bell Schedule
2015-16 High School AB-Block Calendar
A Brief History
SOUTH SALEM HIGH SCHOOL
THURSDAY, MAY 5, 2016
• Girls JV Golf tournament TODAY.
• Varsity Baseball makeup game with North Salem TODAY @ 5:00 at Gilmore.
• Girls Tennis vs. Forest Grove @ STSC and Boys Tennis travels to Forest Grove for matches at 4pm. Teachers please RELEASE the boy’s tennis team @ 1:30. Bus leaves @ 1:45.
• REMINDER – Softball team pictures TODAY @ 3:45.
• The National Honor Society will be meeting this Friday morning at 7am in the North Library with both junior and senior members. Junior members should be prepared to nominate other junior members to run for the positions of treasurer, secretary, vice president and president for next year.
• IF you want to purchase a yearbook for this year preorder by May 16th for $60.00. After that date, they will be $70.00.
“Lunch is on yearbook”! You will have the chance to enter your name in a raffle to win a FREE lunch from a local restaurant during both A and B lunches. Check out yearbook’s table in the Upper commons starting May 9th, to pick up your ticket.
• Chemeketa Community College’s EMT program is holding an open house at their Brooks campus on Wednesday, May 18th from 2-5pm. Find out about Emergency Medical Technician careers and what it takes to enter the field.
• A joint admissions event by Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, the University of Pennsylvania and Stanford will be held at the Portland Hilton on Tuesday, May 24th @ 7pm.
• Juniors & Seniors: do you want to become an Outdoor School Counselor and attend “Camp Cascade”, June 1st-3rd with Sumpter Elementary 5th grade students? If so, visit Ms. Camp in the Guidance Office to sign up and get more information. The deadline is May 13th!
• Attention interested students: Tryouts for Saxon Got Talent is this Monday, May th from 2:20-3:30 in the Choir Room, as well as, Wednesday, May 11th from 2:30-3:30 in the Choir room.
Please see Mrs. August or Mr. McLean with questions.
• SENIOR banquet tickets can be purchased through the bookkeeper for $25.00. TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED BY MAY 18th to meet the catering deadline. NO TICKETS CAN BE SOLD AFTER THIS DATE! The banquet will be at Illahe Country Club on Wednesday, May 25th at 6:30pm. Ms. Saxe and Mr. Glasgow are the faculty speakers. Please see Mrs. August with questions.
• SENIORS: after graduation and while attending college in the area or just in need of an extra job and have knowledge of the game of basketball-consider being a basketball official.
The basketball association will train and support you through their mentor program. Meetings start in October. Go to salembasketballofficials.org for more information. There is an officiating job fair at Dick’s Sporting Goods on Saturday, May 14th 9:30am to 4pm.
HAPPY BIRTHDAYS TO: Jazmin Lamas Torres -
|South Salem High School is a community of learners who value
integrity; high academic standards; respect for self and
others; and positive involvement in school, community and world.