South Salem Alumni
Student / Parent Handbook
Salem-Keizer Master Calendar
SSHS Master Calendar
A Brief History
SOUTH SALEM HIGH SCHOOL
MONDAY, MARCH 10, 2014
• Congratulations to the Girls & Boys Basketball teams for their great wins & fantastic games this weekend advancing them to the OSAA State Tournament this week. Girls play on Wednesday, March 12th vs. South Medford @ 1:30pm; Boys play on Thursday, March 13th vs. Sunset @ 6:30pm.
To help you travel and support your teams at the MODA CENTER there will be a rooter bus available for both games. Come to the Main office to pick up student permission forms. Cost for games and bus is $10.00. These forms MUST be returned to the Main office – girls game by TOMORROW 3:00 – bus departs South @ 11:30am; boys game by WEDNESDAY 3:00 – bus departs South @ 4:00pm.
OSAA State Tournament prices $12.00 Adults, $7.00 Students, NO passes accepted .
• Congratulations to Lily Gordon as she represented South very well last night as the co-host of the Oregon Sports Awards with ESPN’s Neil Everett. The star studded event was held at the Tiger Woods Complex on the NIKE campus. Great job Lily.
• Congratulations to the South Salem Dance team for taking their fourth consecutive 2nd place award at South Albany on Saturday. Individual drill down awards went to Sophia Torres, Tony Acosta and Adam Vang.
• Attention SWIMMERS: Swim team Awards are Tuesday, March 11th @ 6:30pm in the North Library.
• IF you are interested in running for an ASB or class office for the 2014-15 school year, pick up an application TODAY in the leadership office. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, March 19th. BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN YOUR SCHOOL!
• Get your color on – Color War Assembly (31 minute assembly) is Wednesday, March 19th.
Time to start organizing class shirts and posters: Freshman GREEN; Sophomores YELLOW; Juniors BLUE; Seniors RED – all staff tie-die or black.
• Saxon Drama is proud to present the play “Rehearsal for Murder”, Friday and Saturday night 13th & 14th @ 7pm. Tickets are available at the door and are $6.00 for Adults, $5.00 for Students and Senior Citizens. Don’t miss the chance to solve the mystery!!!!
• Freshman – Sophomores – Juniors: if you’re planning to attend college, you’ll need to take the SAT or ACT test someday…but which one is the better test for you? You can take a sample of each, find out which one you score higher on, and then focus your test preparation to get ready for the REAL test. This special practice test is being offered at Sprague 9AM to 1PM on Saturday, March 15th, with a follow-up session for students and parents to go over the test results. If you’re interested, register with South’s bookkeeper by Wednesday, March 12th. The cost is $10; free for students who qualify for free or reduced lunch.
• Students, permission slips to attend the 13th Annual African American Youth Leadership Conference are due this Friday to Mrs. Rodriguez. Don’t forget to stop by room #201 to drop them off.
• Linfield College will be visiting South on Thursday, March 13th during 4th period. Sign up in RM 171. Also, Chemeketa Community College will be set up in the Commons during lunch on Monday, March 17th. Stop by to get information and talk with their admissions rep.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO: Janzen Aguilar Nelson – Kenna Banford – Troy Morris –
Amanda Rambeau – Tim Rickard – Brandon Swarz – Bricole Swartz – Alorah Thomson
|South Salem High School is a community of learners who value
integrity; high academic standards; respect for self and
others; and positive involvement in school, community and world.