South Salem Alumni
Student / Parent Handbook
Salem-Keizer Master Calendar
SSHS Master Calendar
A Brief History
SOUTH SALEM HIGH SCHOOL FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2014
• Fall sports Awards –Varsity Football – Dec. 2nd 6:30 in Lower Commons.
• Please HELP! We still need about 50 donors for our BLOOD DRIVE which is Wednesday, Dec. 3rd. Please sign up outside RM 213. If you are 16, then you MUST have permission form signed BEFORE you get an appointment; get the forms from RM 213. Any questions see Mrs. Simon.
• Yearbook will be doing its annual “gallery walk” for senior photos December 1st-December 5th. This is a time where seniors need to come check their photos and quotes outside Rm 11 during 7th period or after school all that week.
• SENIORS: applying to Western Oregon University? They’re offering a special application event on Friday, Dec. 5th which will include a tour of campus, lunch, and no application fee! This event is limited to 75 students from all over our area and you MUST sign up in advance. Register at wou.edu/visit. Information is posted outside the ASPIRE Center in Rm 171.
Scholarships are being added to our binder of local and national scholarships, and our online list is being updated.
The following LOCAL scholarships have application dates in the next few weeks:
Kelsey Oldham for runners
Elks Most Valuable Student
Nellie Thompson-Dorothy Patch for students of color
Miss Marion-Polk County pageant
Information about these and national scholarships is available in ASPIRE, Rm 171.
• Monday, Nov. 24th Parent conferencing 4:30-7:30-pm; Tuesday, Nov. 25th conferencing 8-11am; 12-3:30pm & 5-8pm, NO CONFERENCES ON WEDNESDAY!
• REMINDER students – there is NO SCHOOL next week due to grading day, parent conferences and Thanksgiving holiday. The building will be CLOSED on Wednesday, Nov. 26th & Friday, Nov. 28th.
TODAY’S BIRTHDAYS: Emma Coonfield – Tyler Friedman – Jorge Garcia Hernandez –
Makaela Martinez – Maxwell Swope
|South Salem High School is a community of learners who value
integrity; high academic standards; respect for self and
others; and positive involvement in school, community and world.